Whole-House Generators in Butler, PA
Serving Northern Allegheny & Butler CountiesGive us a call today: 724-898-2587
In the event of a power outage, there’s no appliance you need more than a whole-house generator. Also referred to as standby generators, these devices are installed by a licensed electrician and are capable of powering your entire home for the duration of the blackout. In times of emergency, these systems are lifesavers. That’s why Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. services them!
- Registered electricians for excellent installation quality
- Servicing all makes and models
- Providing quality service since 1969
Installing a whole-house generator is not a DIY task. The system must be properly rated for the demands of your home’s electrical system and be properly integrated so it turns on and off automatically. When you work with our team, you can rest assured that your installation will go off without a hitch.
Contact our team for whole-house generator services you can trust. We treat your home like it's our grandma's home.
Generator Maintenance and Repair is Crucial
The only thing more important than a proper installation is proper maintenance and repair—and that’s not something we can overstate. There’s nothing worse than experiencing a dire need for your generator in Butler County, only to find that it has fallen into disrepair. It’s not uncommon for startup batteries to lose their charge after remaining inactive, and it’s possible that fuel or coolant lines can crack over time.
We highly suggest running your generator once every few months, for about thirty minutes at a time. If you notice any issues with it during that time, you can call our generator service experts to get those problems squared away. Aside from that, you’ll want to get annual maintenance just to ensure that you’ve covered all of your bases.
Generator Fuel Types
Whole-house generators are available for installation with several different types of fuel. What you choose will depend on what’s available to you in your Butler County home, what you already have installed, or simply what you think would be most convenient. Some of your options include:
- Propane Generators: Propane has a long shelf life, but propane generators do require a storage tank on your property. You’ll want to be sure that you have enough propane on-hand for even prolonged power outages.
- Diesel Generators: Diesel is an efficient fuel source that’s readily available even in times of emergency, but diesel generators are not always the most eco-friendly.
- Natural Gas Generators: Natural gas is perhaps the most convenient fuel choice; all you need is access to a fuel line and you have "unlimited" fuel. Natural gas generators are ideal, but not everyone has access to gas lines.
Whole-House Generator Services from a Trusted Company
When you go to your grandma’s house and you see something isn’t right, what do you do? You help her out, right? That’s the mindset we’ve had when entering our customers’ homes since 1969, and it has kept us in business—and growing—ever since. The electricians from Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. don’t come just to install a generator. We look out for all of your options to give you the best installation that will work for your home for years to come. Contact us today and we’ll get your installation started with a free estimate.