Radiant Heating Systems in Butler, PA
Serving Northern Allegheny & Butler CountiesGive us a call today: 724-898-2587
Rather than blowing heated air through your home, these systems radiate heat and warm the objects and people in the room. It’s similar to the feeling you get when sitting next to a campfire. The benefits of a radiant heating system are incredible, but it takes a skilled HVAC contractor to install the system properly in the first place. You’ll enjoy reliable service when you work with our NCI certified technicians.
- Great quality service and top-tier products
- Servicing all makes and models since 1969
- Dedicated to results you’ll love
- Registered electricians and DOT-certified gas line experts
You can come to us for everything from radiant heating installation to repairs and more. We’re all about professionalism and courtesy–that’s the Kennihan Way. With our help you can enjoy unbeatable radiant heat.
We treat your home like it's our grandma's home. Contact us today to learn more about our Butler radiant heating system services.
Your Options for In-Floor Heating
There are two types of radiant heating systems that are the most effective, and they both involve the installation of components underneath your floors or behind your walls. As the in-floor heating components are heated, they radiate with warmth that will fill the room.
- Electric Radiant Floors: This is a fully electric-powered system. When the system is run for enough time, most of the heat will be stored in the floor for several hours without any additional power.
- Hydronic Radiant Floors: These systems consist of tubing laid under the floor, and the flow of heated water running through them. This means they rely on a boiler to heat the water. The most cost-effective way to run this system is with natural gas heating.
Radiant Heating vs Forced-Air
The most common type of heating used by homeowners in Butler County and throughout the country alike is called forced-air heating. This is the mode of operation for heat pumps and furnaces. It’s an effective form of heating that has earned its place in homes across the nation.
However, for homeowners that want a little bit more out of their heating system, they can get it from a radiant heater. Here are just a few of the reasons why you may want a radiant heating system:
- Doesn’t Lower Indoor Air Quality: Since radiant heaters don’t rely on airflow, they won’t blow dust and dirt around the home. It’s not uncommon for those sensitive to allergies and asthma to feel their symptoms more when running a forced-air heater.
- More Even Heating: Warmed air has a tendency to rise to the ceiling or to stay in one place. This explains why some rooms don’t become evenly heated with a forced-air system. This won’t be the case when using radiant heating.
- No Loss from Ducts: A common problem with ducted heaters is that they can develop leaks over time. Until you notice the leaks and have them fixed, your heated air will escape and contribute to gradual increases in your heating bill.
Radiant Heating Services in Butler County
For all things involving the service of radiant heating systems, you can depend on Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc.. We’re experts not just at installing and replacing these systems, but in maintaining their performance with routine tune-ups and the occasional repair. Contact us today to discover all the heating options for your Butler County home.