Air Sealing in Butler, PA
Serving Northern Allegheny & Butler CountiesGive us a call today: 724-898-2587
Even with the best heating or air conditioning system, there’s one thing that can ruin your efficiency efforts: a leaky house! Air leaks can cause a significant increase in your energy bill and can reduce overall comfort through the home. Luckily, the home performance experts at Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. are here to help!
- Serving Butler since 1969
- Dedicated to results you’ll love
- Great quality service and high-qualified technicians
Air sealing seems like a simple job. However, we’d strongly advise relying on a professional to do the work for you. There is such a thing as too much sealing, so it takes a home performance expert to find the right balance.
Contact our team today to get started with air sealing in Butler, PA or the surrounding area. We treat your home like it's our grandma's home.
Signs You Need Air Sealing
There are several different signs that you may need air sealing, but not all of them necessarily will apply to your Butler County home. We’ll make an assessment of your home to find out just where and how you need air sealing.
If you need air sealing, you may have already noticed some of the signs. At the same time, we might find some symptoms you weren’t aware of. They would include things like:
- Increased energy bill from the imbalance of cold and hot air coming from the leaks.
- Difficulty with controlling humidity levels.
- Rooms of the home that don’t seem to cool or heat properly (hot and cold spots).
- Drafts near windows, door frames, electrical outlets, flooring, and other places.
- Lowered indoor air quality from an increase in airborne pollutants.
Air Sealing with a Pro Matters
Air leaks can come from a number of places. We use various methods to determine where those leaks are so we can eliminate them with sealing and insulation. Without the proper tools and experience, there’s no telling if you or your handyman will be able to find all the leaks and truly fix the problem.
A few of the methods we use to seal air leaks include:
- Caulking: If you’ve ever done a home improvement project in the bathroom or kitchen, you’ve probably used caulk. This flexible material is used to close off gaps. Likewise, it can be used to close up air leaks.
- Weather-stripping: Caulking is great for air leaks in fixed locations. But what about ones that move, like around doors and windows? In this case, weather-stripping is a great solution for sealing these areas while letting those fixtures retain their function.
- Attic Air Sealing: Your attic can be a major contributor of lost air. We can use blower door testing to find leaks in your attic and seal them up.
- Basement Air Sealing: Cold air in the basement can also have a substantial effect on the temperature of your home, as well as the air quality. Sealing and insulation will be a tremendous help.
Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. has a team of NCI-certified experts that has been helping residents of Butler County and the surrounding areas since 1969. You can count on our team—and our decades of experience—to help you with all of your home performance services, including air sealing.