Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
Drain and Sewer
Water Treatment Systems
- Plumbing Services
- Ductless Systems
- Club Membership
Solar Water Heaters in Butler County, PA
No matter what kind of climate dominates your region, hot water is always a necessity. But wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to devote so much of your heating bill to it? We think so too, which is why we offer solar water heater installation for our customers all across the Northern Allegheny and Butler Counties.
You might not be ready to have a solar energy system installed on your property. But the truth is, you don’t actually need one. A solar water heater can be installed with its own solar energy system, or it can be linked to an existing one if you do happen to use solar energy already. If you’re thinking about making the shift to solar energy, Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. can help you out with a new solar water heater installation. Contact us today to learn more.
Contact us today for solar hot water heater installation in Butler County, PA or the surrounding area. We treat your home like it’s our grandma’s home.
How Do Solar Hot Water Heaters Work?
You may not have known this, but water is often used as the heater transfer fluid in various systems. Why? Because it holds heat so well! A solar hot water heater isn’t such a bizarre idea. There are two different kinds of solar water heaters, and even more differences within those two categories.
Active Solar Water Heating
Water heaters that use pumps to aid in the circulation of water.
- Direct Circulation Systems: These systems pump water through solar collectors and then into the home. These work best in relatively mild climates.
- Indirect Circulation Systems: These water heaters excel in areas with freezing cold winters. These systems require that the water is pumped through a heat exchanger before entering the home.
Passive Solar Water Heating
Systems that don’t rely on mechanical pumps to move water.
- Integral Collector-Storage Systems: Water is preheated through solar collectors and then put into a conventional water heater for storage.
- Thermosiphon Systems: These systems take advantage of the principle that warm water rises. Gravity moves the cold and warm water around in order to sufficiently heat the water before sending it in the house.
Finding the Right Solar Water Heater in Butler County
Active solar water heaters and passive solar water heaters have their own pros and cons. Whether it’s about performance, climate, or related expenses, there’s a solar water heater for every home. One of the master plumbers at Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. will assess your home to find out which water heater works best for you.
Solar Water Heater Repair and Maintenance
One of the main reasons you chose to install a solar water heater in Butler County was for the potential savings. It would be a waste if you were to let it fall into disrepair! Maintenance is key to keeping your system running at its maximum potential. We’re fully certified plumbers and HVAC specialists, so you can rest assured we have experience in both water heaters and solar energy systems. In order to keep your home safe, healthy, comfortable, and energy efficient, we’ll be happy to perform all of your maintenance and repair needs.
Grandma Ellie's Club
Did you know that being a member of Grandma Ellie's Club can save you money and extend the life of your system?
- 20% Discount on HVAC and Plumbing* repairs
- One day replacement
- Inflation protection for multi-year plans
- Priority customer status
- Agreement is transferrable
- Lower utility bills
- 24-hour emergency service
- Extended equipment life
- Never an overtime charge
- Improved safety