Drain and Sewer Cleaning in Butler, PA
Serving Northern Allegheny & Butler CountiesGive us a call today: 724-898-2587
What better way to deal with issues in your drains than by preventing them from occurring in the first place? Preventing clogs and also dealing with clogs that do have a chance to collect is exactly what drain cleaning can offer. That’s why Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. provides this helpful service.
- 24/7 emergency service available
- Dedicated to results you’ll love
- Licensed as master plumbers
Drains that stay clean tend to develop clogs far less frequently than those that stay dirty. We have the proper tools to keep your drains and sewer lines clean. Our goal is to keep your Butler home safe, healthy, comfortable, and energy efficient. Drain cleaning is just one way we can help achieve that goal for you, so don’t hesitate to call on us.
We treat your home like it's our grandma's home. Schedule your drain and sewer cleaning today.
Signs of a Dirty Drain or Sewer Line
A drain will naturally get clogged over time thanks to fats, oils, and grease. These substances come from your cooking and from your soaps, so it can be difficult to remain diligent about keeping them out of the drains in the first place. Of course, it can also become blocked from trash and other non-disposable objects.
Some of the symptoms that can arise from a dirty drain include:
- The drains take longer to drain than usual. This indicates a clog that hasn’t fully formed yet.
- Bad odors from the stagnation of water, and possibly from sewer gasses rising up. The stagnant water can also lead to fruit flies gathering.
- Fixtures don’t operate properly, such as toilets failing to flush. Running the washing machine may cause the tubs or showers to overflow in the event of a sewer line clog.
Our Environmentally Safe Methods for Drain Cleaning
There’s more than one way to clean a drain, it just depends on your plumbing system and how dirty your pipes are. Depending on the situation, your drains or sewer may need:
- Hydro-Jetting: A hydro-jet is a hose that shoots a highly pressurized stream of hot water. It can be fed into a drain and will effectively clean the insides of the pipe. Since water is natural, it will not harm the inside of your pipes. Hydro-jetting is equally effective for sink drain cleaning and shower drain cleaning, as it can blast away all clogs and organic buildup.
- Total-C Drain Cleaner: We highly advise against pouring drain cleaners down your drains. They’re usually full of caustic chemicals that can gradually eat away at your pipes, along with the clog they’re supposed to clear up. When we deem it necessary to use cleaners, we use Total-C, a completely water-soluble formula with natural enzymes and oil-eating bacteria. This formula is perfectly safe for sink and shower drain cleaning.
Septic Tank Services
Drains and sewer lines can be dirty, so we don’t want you to have to deal with them. Likewise, we feel the same way about septic tanks. You can leave all of your septic tank services to us!
The elimination of waste depends upon a functioning septic tank. The tank separates liquid from the solid waste, moves it into a drain field, and decomposes the waste and excess liquid. At least, that’s how it should be working when your septic tank is properly maintained and in working order.
If your septic tank needs repairs, don’t hesitate to call Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc.. We treat your Butler County home like it’s our grandma’s home, and you can take our word for it that we’d never let our grandma try to fix her own septic tank!