Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
Drain and Sewer
Water Treatment Systems
- Plumbing Services
- Ductless Systems
- Club Membership
Sewer and Drain Cleaning in Butler County, PA
We often don’t think about our drains. At least, not until they’re backed up and making a stink in our bathrooms and kitchens. It’s safe to say there’s nothing fun or pleasant about having to unclog a drain. But we do have good news: with regular drain and sewer cleaning, it’s very rare that you’ll ever have to experience a clog ever again.
It’s not an exaggeration. Drains that stay clean tend to develop clogs far less frequently than those that stay dirty. At Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc., we have the proper tools to keep your drains and sewer lines clean. Even better, we have master plumbers on our team who can use them! Our goal is to keep your Butler County home safe, healthy, comfortable, and energy efficient. Drain cleaning is just one way we can help achieve that goal for you, so don’t hesitate to call on us.
Contact us today to schedule drain cleaning in Butler County, PA or the surrounding area. We treat your home like it’s our grandma’s home.
Signs of a Dirty Drain or Sewer Line
A drain will naturally get clogged over time thanks to fats, oils, and grease. These substances come from your cooking and from your soaps, so it can be difficult to remain diligent about keeping them out of the drains in the first place. Of course, it can also become blocked from trash and other non-disposable objects.
Some of the symptoms that can arise from a dirty drain include:
- The drains take longer to drain than usual. This indicates a clog that hasn’t fully formed yet.
- Bad odors from the stagnation of water, and possibly from sewer gasses rising up. The stagnant water can also lead to fruit flies gathering.
- Fixtures don’t operate properly, such as toilets failing to flush. Running the washing machine may cause the tubs or showers to overflow in the event of a sewer line clog.
Our Environmentally Safe Methods for Drain Cleaning
There’s more than one way to clean a drain, it just depends on your plumbing system and how dirty your pipes are. Depending on the situation, your drains or sewer may need:
- Hydro-Jetting: A hydro-jet is a hose that shoots a highly pressurized stream of hot water. It can be fed into a drain and will effectively clean the insides of the pipe. Since water is natural, it will not harm the inside of your pipes. Hydro-jetting is equally effective for sink drain cleaning and shower drain cleaning, as it can blast away all clogs and organic buildup.
- Total-C Drain Cleaner: We highly advise against pouring drain cleaners down your drains. They’re usually full of caustic chemicals that can gradually eat away at your pipes, along with the clog they’re supposed to clear up. When we deem it necessary to use cleaners, we use Total-C, a completely water-soluble formula with natural enzymes and oil-eating bacteria. This formula is perfectly safe for sink and shower drain cleaning.
Septic Tank Services
Drains and sewer lines can be dirty, so we don’t want you to have to deal with them. Likewise, we feel the same way about septic tanks. You can leave all of your septic tank services to us!
The elimination of waste depends upon a functioning septic tank. The tank separates liquid from the solid waste, moves it into a drain field, and decomposes the waste and excess liquid. At least, that’s how it should be working when your septic tank is properly maintained and in working order.
If your septic tank needs repairs, don’t hesitate to call Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc.. We treat your Butler County home like it’s our grandma’s home, and you can take our word for it that we’d never let our grandma try to fix her own septic tank!
Grandma Ellie's Club
Did you know that being a member of Grandma Ellie's Club can save you money and extend the life of your system?
- 20% Discount on HVAC and Plumbing* repairs
- One day replacement
- Inflation protection for multi-year plans
- Priority customer status
- Agreement is transferrable
- Lower utility bills
- 24-hour emergency service
- Extended equipment life
- Never an overtime charge
- Improved safety