Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
Drain and Sewer
Water Treatment Systems
- Plumbing Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Maintenance Program
Crawl Space Encapsulation in Butler County, PA
Does your home have a crawl space? They may not have told you this when you first moved in, but a crawl space without the right treatment can have serious effects on your indoor air quality and your home efficiency. Unfortunately, the humid summers and cold winters of Butler County, PA and the surrounding areas will make living above a crawl space even more inefficient. Luckily, crawl space encapsulation is a service that can eliminate those problems.
As part of the Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. goal of keeping your home Safe, Healthy, Comfortable and Energy Efficient, crawl space encapsulation encompasses all of those qualities. It takes a real professional to properly encapsulate a crawl space, so don’t take a risk by hiring a handyman or considering it a DIY project. We’ve been in the business since 1969, helping residents all over the Northern Allegheny and Butler Counties with all of their home performance improvements, including crawl space encapsulation. Contact our team today to learn more!
Contact us today for crawl space encapsulation services in Butler County and the surrounding area. We treat your home like it’s our grandma’s home.
Common Crawl Space Problems
An unencapsulated crawl space can lower indoor air quality, invite the risk of wood rot and insect damage, and can even spread mold and mildew spores through your home. Some common problems seen in crawl spaces that need encapsulation include:
- Moisture: We know that soil is wet underneath the surface, but when it’s possible for water to get in the crawl space, the issue is made even worse. This can lead to the growth of mildew and mold, and since you rarely have any reason to go down to the crawlspace, you most likely won’t notice it for a long time. Due to space restrictions and the need for special tools, removing mold from the crawl space can be time-consuming and expensive.
- Air Leaks: If you realize you have this problem, you’ll want to have it fixed immediately. We’re talking about leaks in the floor (the ceiling of the crawl space), which allow air from the crawl space to waft up into your home. Mold, animal feces, dead animals—simply having them down there is bad enough, but allowing a leak to carry that dirty air into your home should be avoided at all costs.
- Lowered Efficiency: Regardless of the season, air can rise from the crawl space and enter the rest of your home. This can put strain on your air conditioner or heater by making them work harder to regulate the temperature. Insulating and encapsulating the crawl space can protect your efficiency.
How Encapsulating and Insulating Your Crawl Space Helps
When we encapsulate your crawl space, we’ll be sealing the crawl space with white plastic. And it also might be necessary to install a sump pump or dehumidifier. This helps eliminate moisture and greatly reduces the risk of mold-growth. Seams, junctions, and other areas for leaks to occur are completely sealed.
Then, to prevent hot and cool air from entering your home, we install insulation in the crawl space. While insulating an area may seem like a nice DIY project, there is such a thing as using too much insulation, and the average Butler County homeowner won’t be able to tell the difference without the right tools and experience. Fortunately, Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. will be there to perform your entire crawl space encapsulation and insulation from beginning to end.
Grandma Ellie's Club
Did you know that being a member of Grandma Ellie's Club can save you money and extend the life of your system?
- 20% Discount on HVAC and Plumbing* repairs
- One day replacement
- Inflation protection for multi-year plans
- Priority customer status
- Agreement is transferrable
- Lower utility bills
- 24-hour emergency service
- Extended equipment life
- Never an overtime charge
- Improved safety