A geothermal heat pump is simply one of the coolest inventions of modern history–not that we are biased as a HVAC company or anything! What is so amazing about geothermal is the fact that you are using the heat from the soil right below you to keep your home warm during the winter months. Then, in the summer you extract the heat from your home and send it back to the ground. You don’t need a lot of energy from the utility company in order to do this (just a little bit for moving parts) so your bill goes way down.
Yes, the cost upfront is higher, but you also get the benefit of claiming a tax credit against it. This year the credit for a geothermal project is 22% of the total cost of the installation. So, in short, your bill can go down to about a third of what it is, your installation price really costs you 78% of the price while you use renewable energy! What’s not to love?!
Here’s why “The Kennihan Way” makes a big difference when deciding to install a geothermal system in your home:
– You don’t need that much space: One of our projects in an Allison Park neighborhood required four vertical loops in the ground. We needed a 20 foot by 20 foot space where one loop was at each corner of this square. Since we couldn’t fit the drilling rig into the backyard we did all the work right in the front yard. A few months later no one knew we were ever there!
– You know the price from the start: There are slim chances of changes. Part of our commitment when creating a proposal is giving you a price with no surprises. We put a big effort in finding out all the details so both you and our team members have peace of mind as we go through this project together.
– We provide the RIGHT amount of HEAT: In order to bring the price down, some contractors may calculate how much air conditioner you need and install the equipment and the loops for our cooling season. We believe this to simply be the wrong approach. In our state of Pennsylvania, the heat demand for your home will be greater than your cooling demand ever be. This is a corner we will not cut. We believe you are looking at this project as a long term investment where you can reap much benefit for many years. This may mean our proposal may show an extra loop in the ground and a bigger size unit because we want you to get the heat from the ground, not the backup electric heat strips that will come on often if you size the project to satisfy only the cooling needs. Your project may cost a little more upfront, but the benefits will be much more for the long term.
– We’ll generate your domestic hot water mostly from the geothermal system too! The water heater will be putting little to no effort in heating water so it will last you longer. Install a tankless water heater and the long term savings just keep getting better.
– We install it, and we service it: we are here to take care of your geothermal system for the long term, honoring the warranties while they last and beyond.