We’re excited to announce that Bill Kennihan won the 2020 William A. Morgan Jr. Entrepreneur of the Year award from the Butler County Chamber of Commerce for 2020. Although this award was technically presented to Bill last year, we were able to come together to actually receive it this year. The annual Celebrate Business event was one to remember and we’re proud of Bill Kennihan’s success!
Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. Blog: Posts Tagged ‘Announcement’
Bill Kennihan Honored with Butler County Chamber Entrepreneur of the Year AwardThursday, September 23rd, 2021
Geothermal Heat Pumps: Everything You Need to KnowMonday, January 11th, 2021
A geothermal heat pump is simply one of the coolest inventions of modern history–not that we are biased as a HVAC company or anything! What is so amazing about geothermal is the fact that you are using the heat from the soil right below you to keep your home warm during the winter months. Then, in the summer you extract the heat from your home and send it back to the ground. You don’t need a lot of energy from the utility company in order to do this (just a little bit for moving parts) so your bill goes way down.
Yes, the cost upfront is higher, but you also get the benefit of claiming a tax credit against it. This year the credit for a geothermal project is 22% of the total cost of the installation. So, in short, your bill can go down to about a third of what it is, your installation price really costs you 78% of the price while you use renewable energy! What’s not to love?!
How to Prepare Your Home for Winter WeatherTuesday, January 14th, 2020
Make sure your home is ready for the cold that’s on the horizon. Here are a few things that you can do to help your home in the upcoming weeks:
- Schedule an HVAC Maintenance Appointment: If you skipped out on a heating maintenance appointment this fall, it’s not too late to rectify the problem. You can still call us and have us tune up your heater to perfection.
- Change Your Heater’s Filter: Changing the filter in your heater is one of the easiest ways to ensure that you get great heating. A fresh filter for the winter season ensures that you get clean air, high efficiency, and low-cost heating services.
- Insulate Your Pipes: It’s important to pay attention to your pipes in your crawlspace, basement, or attic. Pipes in these areas are at a higher risk of freezing.
- Check-In on Your Smoke Alarms/ Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Take the time to make sure your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are up and running in your home. Now is also a great time to pop in a new set of those back-up batteries.
- Have Your Water Heater Maintained: It doesn’t matter if your water heater is tank or tankless—you’re going to need maintenance to ensure that you’re getting piping hot water this winter.
Contact Kennihan Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning today to schedule an appointment with our team. We can get your home primed for winter. We treat your home like it’s our grandma’s home.