Dear valued customer,
We are considered an essential business according to the PA “Industry Operation Guidance” issued 03/21/2020. We are taking the following steps to help with the safety of our employees and our customers.
- Before travelling to a customer’s home, they are contacted by our front office staff, and asked if anyone has been out of the country in the last 30 days, and has any one had any form of sickness in the last 14 days.
- Employees are being directed, if they show any symptoms, or just don’t feel “right”, stay home.
- We are having our crews arrive at our location at staggered times to create our best scenario at “social distancing”.
- Crews are receiving daily operations directives via ipads, and keeping out of the front office areas.
- Front office is isolated from any retail operations, meaning, if something needs purchased, it can be taken care of over the phone, and we have an area for retail parts to be picked up.
- Our technicians, when at your house working on your heating or cooling system, including maintenance, are performing a complimentary “duct sanitization”, which uses a sanitizing fogger to help kill bacteria and viruses in the duct work. While this in itself cannot kill everything, it is one more step in addition to the guidance from the CDC.
- For more information about the virus, go to www.cdc.gov
In addition to your air filter, Fresh-Aire UV* makes an air purifier that uses UV light to kill viruses, bacteria, and odors in the home. Recently, it was announced that UV lights are going to start being used in aircraft for cleaning and disinfection to kill the virus. Hospitals already use UV lights for disinfection. If it is good enough for the airlines and hospitals, why not have it in your home? Almost all of the Kennihan Family have these systems in our homes, and we believe in them. We have been using UV systems for over 20 years.
We can install this system, as well as accomplish a duct cleaning, and duct work fog sanitization in your home at your convenience.
This, like every challenge Americans have faced since the founding of our Nation, will pass. We will learn from it, and be better people for it. How we react during this time is how we define each of our “character”. Like every other time, we will look back and say “remember when”.
If we can help you, let us know. Be safe.