When you’re having problems with your heater, the big question to ask eventually becomes should you repair your heater or replace it?
We understand how you might have trouble making this decision. After all, it’s not like your heater can talk to you and tell you when it’s ready to be upgraded. You just have to look for the signs.
If you’re wondering what signs point to repair versus what signs point to replacement, then you’ve found the right blog. We’re going to take the time today to inform you about heating repair in Wexford, PA. If you read through this blog and you still have questions, then it’s time to pick up the phone or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to discuss specifics with you.
You Should Repair
Here are a few signs that repair is right for your home’s heater.
- Short Cycling: One thing you should always address if you notice it from your heater is short cycling. Short cycling is one of the worst things you can allow to happen in your home because it’s an inefficient practice. It will lead to repair problems soon if it hasn’t already.
- Odd Noises: Banging, rattling, scraping, or any unfamiliar noises are issues. Contact a professional as soon as you notice one.
- Unpleasant Smells: Does your heater make your home smell a little funky when you run it? This should never be your reality. If it is, then it’s time to find the source of your issue (likely a problem inside the unit) and have a professional solve it.
You Should Replace
If you’re having these problems with your home’s heater, then it’s time for you to replace your unit.
- Old Age: The number one sign that you need to replace your home’s heater is old age. If you’ve had your heater between 10 and 15 years, then it’s time to get your replacement plan in order. You’ll have to replace your unit soon and we’ll help.
- Constant Repairs: If you have to repair your home’s heater more than once every few years, then your heater is no longer efficient and you should consider replacing the unit. It’s actually more efficient cost-wise to replace your heater rather than repair it endlessly.
- Inadequate Heating: Your heater should be able to keep you warm. If you can’t count on it to do this, it’s time to consider replacing it.
What to Do Whether You Repair or Replace
No matter what, you need to rely on a professional for your repair or replacement services. Professional technicians like ours are the only ones who can get the job done right the first time for a low price. We understand that DIY work or even amateur efforts are tempting. This isn’t a temptation that you should succumb to. It might seem like a cost or time-saving option when, in reality, it’s more likely to cost you more time and money. We promise to walk you through the entire process and make things as easy as possible for you. We’re a team of professionals who care.
Contact Kennihan Plumbing & Heating, Inc. when you need heating repair in Butler County. We treat your home like it’s our grandma’s home.